16.5.13

Cannes Film Festival: Hollywood Glamour revived in Europe

There are a couple of events that I have promised myself I will fight to attend at least once in my life. One being the Cannes Film Festival; the other is the Met Ball in New York. Each year the Cannes Film festival stuns - and not only with it's screen delights. The actors and actresses embrace the high-society glamour and dress to impress - every day, be it night or light, is a red carpet and all eyes are on them. Last year Diane Kruger was captivating in couture creations. Today's opening saw the likes of Carey Mulligan and Nicole Kidman on the red carpet, next to it-girls such as Cara and Georgia May.









On the other side of the social spectrum, the beginning of May hosted Punk: Chaos to Couture - the annual New York fashion event held at the Metropolitan Museum of art. Invitations are coveted and only the elite attend. This year's exhibition, Punk, prompted some bizarre dedications in style (more on this another time), but again, many stood out and - quite frankly - rocked it. 





















I know it's a long shot that I'll ever get within miles of these events, and really this post has very little point except to show beautiful women in beautiful dresses. But honestly, I'm not too bothered. Sometimes we just need a little indulgence.

No comments:

Post a Comment