1.1.15

WELCOME 2015


Started 2014 underneath a tree at Falls Festival. Spent time with family and finally saw wild kangaroos on a road trip around Tasmania. Moved to an outback pub and learned to play pool. Reunited with my Melbs family before heading to Brisbane to meet the best bunch of people I can imagine. Worked in a hostel bar before become so broke I had to scrub kitchen floors at 11pm every night for accommodation. Sold Dental insurance for 1300 SMILE and worked in a restaurant that was shut down by health and safety two weeks in. I lived on a farm where I drove a tractor, welded things, shot things and learned to butcher/castrate sheep (not one of my lifelong dreams but you take what you  get). Off to another outback pub where, again, I met the best people in the world, people that will never leave my life. Sadly, it burnt down. But I had already left by that point. I explored the Sunshine coast, Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron and partied hard at Listen Out before a week in Darwin for tropical storms and suffocating heat. Next stop was Bali, for rice paddies, temples and peaceful Ubud. I saw sunrise at Angkor Wat, spent 3 days on a desert island in Cambodia, lived a few days of the Arcadia life with my cousin in Kampot. Travelled south-north Vietnam, stopping for tailored clothes, to abseil some waterfalls and sail around Halong Bay. I cuddled tiger cubs, washed elephants and held snakes. I shopped HARD in Bangkok. And here I am, exhausted after working a Heavy Metal Hawaiian NYE party in Mackay. It’s been a bizarre year of adventure, bucket list ticks and stunning beaches. It’s been emotional, hard and I’ve often wanted to give up and come home. Never easy, but always making it through. Thanks to all the people that made 2014 what it was – you’re all amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment